Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Boat on the Lake Shore -- Pencil


While I was visiting with some friends I saw this boat on the shore of the lake. It kept calling to me to sketch it. Yeah! I was prepared for once, because I had brought my little sketch book "just in case". I have wanted to do something like this for a while, so I have been on the lookout for opportunities to sketch. There were a lot of angles, and not sure I got them all correct. However, the most important thing is I was able to practice sketching, and on site. It was very enjoyable.

9 comments:

  1. this piece looks great, glad your having fun doing what we see here. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic Ramona! The angles must be spot on- I see the depth and dimension. I'm so glad that you just keep fulfilling your dream of sketching. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely boat! I've wanted a boat for weeks now I am not sure why. :) I am not even a big fan of watersports or know how to swim hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great boat sketch! Way to be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks as if you've got the boat just right, I did a few boats last year and I know how hard it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boats are tricky aren't they? but it looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. I see the depth in the picture and you made a nice composition too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, Ramona! So proud of you for doing it, and doing it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sketch. Now if I can only learn to carry a sketchbook with me.

    ReplyDelete