Sunday, March 21, 2010

Upside Down Water Glass and Shadow -- Pencil


I am still working on sketching glass. I put one of my clear water glasses upside down on my kitchen counter to draw this. The extra benefit for doing it there, I found was the lovely shadow it cast there from the kitchen lights. The shadow was as interesting as the glass to do. This sketch came about from a prompt from the Draw- This art group. This is something I might not have done without the prompt to encourage me. Also, I was experimenting last night to improve my sketching blog's banner, and I used this sketch in my new blog banner above.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, That's a difficult job, and you really did well. I love the reflections on the glass, and it does fit nicely in your banner ! Well done !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I would never have thought of an upside down glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! A beautiful rendering. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive! I haven't gotten the hang of drawing glass or anything reflective yet, but I figure if I keep practicing, I'll get it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very interesting piece! It's never easy to get the right amount of shadow and the correct angle, but yours seemed to work so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ramona - Good shading work on the glass and nice shadow too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great workout, huh? Glass is so hard to draw. Keep at it. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're making fine progress on your glass drawings. I especially like the way you handled the shadow in this one. Also, you did a very nice job with capturing the shine on the glass! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a very good job with those reflections and it looks great on the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent job! Great reflections and I love it on your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow am I blind? LOL I dodn't know you had a sketch blog!This is beyond excellent and I am envious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great! Good work on getting the shines on the glass. Lovely blog banner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great experience - sketching glass - tricky. I think I need to try this soon. Interesting the way the light shines through the shadow. And the wineglass shines!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are doing a terrific job on a difficult subject, glass. I love the new header.

    ReplyDelete