Thursday, March 11, 2010

Still Life -- Pencil


This is a drawing prompt #257 for Everyday Matters art group- draw a houseplant. I am finding that drawing something is an adventure. You don't know the full direction it will take until the end. It's also about choices- what do you put in, how much detail, when is it finished? Usually I start at the top of what I am going to draw and work down. This time I started with the pot and worked up-drawing the book last.   Also, without this prompt I would not have thought to draw this particular houseplant that sits beside my couch. Now I have another memory  captured in art.

12 comments:

  1. I love the style of this sketch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Ramona! :) You drew the flowers beautifully and they even seemed soft from the lines. I am glad you're able to find the perfect time slot for your drawings. I wish I could, I am still searching for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a lovely job with this, Ramona. The leaves and flowers do seem soft, just like Alex said! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you made wonderful choices with this drawing. It is lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right Ramona. These drawings are making some very nice memories! You did a great job on this plant and the book gives it a nice weighty feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you captured it wonderfully! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely drawing - and a lovely plant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done Ramona - nice plant too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the best work is produced when we enjoy doing it. This post is evidence of that! I find plants really difficult (which leaf did I just draw?! etc...) - you've done a wonderful job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done! Love the minimal shading and that plant is just gorgeous. You did great work with the leaves.

    ReplyDelete